Valentines Day all about showing the love. We’re certain this recipe for Asian Steak Bites will do just that- but what’s even better is the heart-healthy benefits that these flavorful bites of beef contain.
New this week, the American Heart Association certified extra lean ground beef (96% lean) to display its recognized and respected Heart-Check mark. Extra lean ground beef joins great company as seven other cuts already proudly display this emblem:
• Extra Lean Ground Beef (96% lean, 4% fat)
• Bottom Round Steak (USDA Select grade)
• Sirloin Tip Steak (USDA Select grade)
• Top Sirloin Petite Roast, Boneless (USDA Select grade)
• Top Sirloin Strips (USDA Select grade)
• Top Sirloin Filet (USDA Select grade)
• Top Sirloin Kabob (USDA Select grade)
• Top Sirloin Steak, Boneless, Center Cut (USDA Select grade)
Before putting its Heart-Check mark on any food, the American Heart Association evaluates it against nutrition requirements based on sound science regarding healthy dietary recommendations, food categories, specific product ingredients and nutrient values.
Just another reason for you to show some love to your valentine on this significant day- and every other day!
Asian Steak Bites
1/2 Cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp ground ginger
2 lbs. Top Sirloin Steak, cubed
Sesame seeds for garnish
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
2. Slice steak into 1 inch cubes.
3. Add steak to marinade, cover and place in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours.
4. Preheat broiler on high.
5. Place steak tips on rack of broiler pan and put in the oven approximately 3 to 4 inches from heat.
6. Cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping once. Check internal cooking temperature for desired level of doneness.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds prior to serving.