I’m back with another “convenience” recipe, this time for breakfast: the most important meal of the day! A bit cliche, but so very true! Not only is breakfast important for you, but it is as equally important for kids to eat a balanced breakfast before heading off to school. Including protein, such as beef, at breakfast will not only help you meet your daily high-quality protein requirements, but it will also help keep you feeling satisfied throughout the morning. So although processed pastries and cereals are easy to grab as we’re heading out the door, they will leave us with that hungry feeling shortly after. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
This recipe is perfect for the hustle and bustle of busy weekday mornings when you’re trying to get yourself and everyone else out the door. In fact, you can even make these on Sunday evening and keep them in the fridge to heat up in the mornings. Hello :30 second healthy breakfast!! Because if I’ve learned anything from becoming a mom, it’s to always be prepared. And although it’s impossible to be ready for everything the day will bring (i.e., diaper explosions, etc.) at least you can sleep well at night knowing you have a nutritious breakfast waiting in the fridge for your family to enjoy in the morning!
Let’s get to it!
I will first list the necessities of the recipe:
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
6 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
Dash Salt & Pepper
The optional ingredients would include any veggies that
you would like to add to your bites.
I included the following:
These are super easy to make and I’ll even include a couple of ways to speed up the recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees,
2. Brown your lean ground beef.
No time to brown your beef? No problem! I found these Hormel Pizza Toppings Ground Beef Crumbles that come precooked! They would work great for this recipe.
3. Combine your eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together.
4. Fill your non-stick muffin tin with the egg mixture, about 3/4 full. I sprayed mine with olive oil cooking spray prior to filling and they came out effortlessly.
5. Add your lean ground beef into each tin.
6. Add any additional veggies you wish at this time. Then top with shredded cheese. As you can see, not all of mine are the same which is perfect for families with picky eaters >>>my husband!
No time to slice and dice your fresh veggies? No problem! Add fresh salsa to each tin instead 🙂
7. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
8. Serve these delicious and nutritious beefy breakfast bites to your family with a side of low-fat yogurt topped with fresh fruit and a slice a whole wheat toast and you have a completely balanced breakfast that meets the MyPlate Guidelines- Hooray!!
Serving Size: 2 Muffins
Fat: 12 g
Sodium: 110 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Protein: 16 g
Thanks for stopping by and be sure and come back soon 🙂